Thank you for visiting the website of the Teachers' Retirement System of the State of Illinois (TRS). The information we receive from your visit depends on the services you use and the information you reveal during your visit. TRS is committed to protecting the confidentiality of the retirement records of TRS members. These rights are protected by federal and state law and TRS administrative rule.
As you browse through this website and look at, print, and download forms, publications, and general information, no personally identifying information will be revealed or recorded about you, although we do automatically collect and maintain the following information about your visit:
- The domain and name of the service provider from which you accessed our website. The domain indicates what type of service provider you are connecting from, e.g., a commercial carrier, a governmental entity, or university. The name of the service provider tells us which provider you are using without disclosing any of your personal information or your individual email address.
- The date and time you accessed our website.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to us.
Accessing Member Account Information
As a service, we provide our members with online access to their own member account information. We require user IDs and passwords, and use data encryption and third-party verification to protect your member account information. In order to access your member account information through our website, you will need to provide your user ID and password. In order to establish your user ID and password, you must provide your Social Security number and birth date. Accessing your member account information online is voluntary. If you choose not to utilize our online member account information service, you will still be able to use all other features of our website.
If you believe that personal information that you provided to TRS contains inaccuracies or needs to be updated, please contact TRS and provide updated information.
When you send an email from our website to get in touch with TRS, the information we receive depends on the information you reveal to us in your message. Depending on the content of your email, the information you submit may be used by TRS staff to respond appropriately, either by responding to you, by addressing issues you identify, by making improvements to our website that you suggest, or by forwarding your email to another agency for appropriate action. TRS is not responsible for unauthorized access by third parties to personal information you reveal in your email messages.
Using Web Links
It is the policy of TRS to safeguard the integrity of its communications and computing infrastructure through reasonable and appropriate means. Your TRS member account information accessible via online access is protected through security measures including authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption. email communications to and from TRS are not protected by these security measures. TRS does not warrant the security of information on other websites that you may visit by linking to a different Web address.
Accuracy of Data
We make every effort to provide you with the most current and accurate information. Your account information is subject to change because of an audit or because of new or different data provided by you or your employer.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. If there is a conflict between information contained on this website and the applicable law, rule, or regulation, the law, rule, or regulation prevails.
This website is the official site of the Teachers' Retirement System of the State of Illinois. We are an agency of the State of Illinois subject to all the protections afforded agencies of the state. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website, tampering with or modification of this system, including supporting hardware or software, are strictly prohibited and may be subject to criminal prosecution under federal and state law, including without limitation, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Illinois Computer Crime Prevention Law.
If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with personally identifying information. Collection of information volunteered by children online or by email will be treated the same as information given by an adult.
We will not:
- Sell, lease, loan, trade, or rent your Social Security number to a third party for any purpose;
- Publicly post or display your Social Security number;
- Print your Social Security number on any card required for you to access our services;
- Require you to transmit your Social Security number over the Internet, unless the connection is secure or your Social Security number is encrypted; or
- Print your Social Security number on any materials that are mailed to you, unless state or federal law requires that number to be on documents mailed to you, or unless we are confirming the accuracy of your Social Security number.
Back to top